Sunday, June 06, 2010

Return to Blogging, and Baby Ferg's Nursery

(3 weeks to D-Day)

It's been well over a year since my last post but with Baby Ferg's arrival predicted by the end of the month, we thought it would be a good idea to dust off our little blog and get back out in the ether. As those of you who would ever bother reading this already know, Steve and I are expecting our bundle of squirming joy somewhere around June 27th, although technically I believe as of today I am full-term. People keep asking if we're ready, and I wonder how we'd ever know if we really are. We've bought or been given all the major necessities so materially we're prepared; we picked out a pediatrician, we have our hospital paperwork all filled out and our little bags packed, so yeah, I guess we're "ready". Not much to do now but wait and start second guessing all those little twinges.

Baby Ferg's Nursery

We've had a great time putting together our nursery for Baby Ferg and I wanted to share some pictures of the finished product. For those of you who have visited us before, this is the old "Madeline Room". Not that the old decorations weren't wonderful and all, but I think we did a pretty good job in making the nursery our own.

Baby Ferg's Nursery

The glider was our major splurge but I think we spent our money in the right place. We actually refinished the changing table from an old computer table we found in my mother's garage, as well as the dresser which was Steve's from when he was a kid. We painted them the same color white and voila! A matching furniture set.

Baby Ferg's Nursery My homemade mobile

The mobile may look a little squinky but I made it with love. I used some of the cards from our baby shower to make the dangly decorations so we'll think of our friends and family when we see it.

Baby Ferg's Nursery

The sheets are washed and the toys are ready. All we need now is to add a baby! I'll be sure to post periodic updates before and of course after her arrival to stay in touch as best as I electronically can. And now, the Happy Marshmallow Dance (i.e. how she treats me after I eat more than my fair share of leftover marshmallows. This kid is going to have a sweet tooth just like her mama):

2 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Yay, the mobile turned out great!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger The Icklers said...

Ok, love the nursery, love the mobile, love the happy baby-alien-in-your-tummy dance . . . did I mention I love the nursery!!! I can't wait :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home