Wednesday, June 08, 2005

And Now it's Time for Shameless Fundraising

(Ok guys, you all knew this was coming)

This fall I'll be participating in the San Diego Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk, which is a 60 mile walk over three days. I am responsible for raising $2,100 which will benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust. As of today, I've raised $785. That means I still have $1,315 to go! If you would like to donate you can go to my personal fundraising homepage to make a tax deductible contribution.

In the meantime I've got a new pair of sneakers (only new because I lost my old pair at the gym) and am starting my training walks. So far I've been to Huntington Beach (9-mi) and Santa Monica (6.7-mi), and this weekend I'm meeting a group in Redondo Beach (8.2-mi). That is a nice perk for being in the South Bay: pleasant weather and plenty of shoreline to walk for miles. So anyway, please donate if you can and give me a buzz if you want to go walking sometime.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Boy, it sure looks like you have a long way to go (just for half way). Bummer. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home