Sunday, July 01, 2007

Bad news Moons

Game time on Lockheed Field

I was recruited for the Orion softball team in the Lockheed league for my mad skillz at being female, despite the fact that I’ve never played softball before. Funny enough though, not many other people on our team have played softball either…and it shows. We’ve been having a lot of fun but we are by far the worst team in the league. You know it’s bad when 16 minutes into the game you are down by 16 points, and you know it’s REALLY bad when that happens two games in a row. We’ve been good about swapping people around to try different positions, though, so I’ve gotten to play 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base, and right field. I think I like 2nd base best (decent action) and 3rd base least (those balls come scary fast!). I’ve even made some decent outs! The good thing is that it’s a very friendly league and I’ve gotten to meet a lot of other people on our program whom I don’t get to interact with at work. We celebrate each loss with a parking lot BBQ and cold beer, and spend the next day at work talking about all the “if only’s” from the night before. We’ve talked about wearing our jerseys to work one day but it seems a little pathetic if we haven’t even won a game yet. Provided that congress doesn’t cancel our program, there’s always next year!

Team warmups


Firecracker


~Fergalicious, #6
Team Mooners

1 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always played outfield because I could throw it a long way back... with no accuracy, but I could sure throw it far. There's a metaphor for life in there somewhere.

Enjoy the game!
love, mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home