Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Garden Update

While I'm battling the head cold from hell I thought I'd give you an update on the status of my vegetable garden. The interest should be great after the rousing response I got regarding my compost pile (...crickets...) If you'll remember I posted a picture about 3 weeks ago showing the emergence of a new squash seedling.


Apparently there's something good in the dirt because it (and all it's friends) are going crazy! The back row is corn, the big middle section is the squash, and the fuzzy stuff in the lower right are baby tomato plants.


And for those who are more into the Fear Factor aspect of gardening, here are some pictures of the various creepie-crawlies I have found over the years. You can either bask in their horrid-ness or click the picture to see what they eventually transform into.

The terrifying Tomato Worm!


The spiky minions from hell!


The ghastly white grub!


The freaky ladybug larvae!


Well that's all for now kids. Keep your noses clean and have a great 4th of July. I'll be sure to share all my adventures from Ol' Hangtown when I get back next Tuesday. Ciao!

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Russell said...

Thanks for the bug update. That's just disgusting...but interesting. I can't believe you have a compost pile just so you can grow these grub worm thingies. And then putting them in your hand! The spiky dudes look cool, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home