Monday, June 28, 2010

Who knew date night could be so eventful

(steve)

So we went to a movie this evening. Toy Story 3. We even went to the trouble to sneak in some movie candy. Guess the little monkey didn't want to see it, cause half way through, Karen leaned over and said, "I think my water just broke." We crept out of the theater grinning sheepishly. I would not recommend sitting in theater nine for a few days.

Two hours later we're in the labor room, Karen's hooked up to a fetal monitor and she's started working her way up the dilation scale. Looks like we're here for the haul, so sit back and enjoy the ride. At least she got a good nights sleep last night.

Status: 3 cm dilated, 80% effaced, contractions ~ 6 minutes apart.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger The Icklers said...

Some poor kid who just wants to see Toy Story 3 - "Mommy, my seat's wet!" I hope your amniotic fluid isn't contagious :)

Yeah Baby Ferg! I am so excited! Now I know how you felt when Bri was updating the blog when Maren was born -- I am obsessively checking it. We are sending you good baby birth vibes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home