Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Don't Fence me In

We've embarked on the great adventure known as baby-proofing, also known as "keep the geriatric pooch from going upstairs".

DSC_1921

The wee little'un isn't exactly mobile yet, but it's just a matter of time. We figured it would be better to be prepared than to be caught off-guard and forced to create an impromptu Les Mis-style barricade at the top of the stairs.

DSC_1924

Already I am wistful for the days when I could walk up and down without needing a free hand to open the gates. With a baby in one hand it makes it near impossible to carry anything else. Too bad she can't cling to my monkey fur while I swing through the branches. Humans, I tell ya. We got soft.

DSC_1931

Holly hasn't shown much interest in standing yet but she's a kick-ass sitter and has started doing barrel rolls on the floor to reach tantalizing objects, like Daddy's phone. We've been encouraging her to practice crawling and she's much more tolerant of spending time on her tummy than she used to be. It's amazing to watch her brain try new tactics and to see her muscles get stronger every day. Everyone says life as you know it gets a lot harder once they are mobile, but who can help wanting to see their kids learn to crawl? It's so damned exciting, I can't wait!

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Kara said...

Hey, now your house is more fully prepared for my little monster! I can't wait to see Holly crawl either -- you are right, it is so exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home