Thursday, July 07, 2005

White Water Rafting

Last night I picked up my pictures from the underwater camera I used on my two recent whitewater rafting trips. If you want to see all the photos, go to my online photo album at picturetrail.com and type LADOTYK as the member name. There are two albums, one from my trip to Colorado and the other from our trip to Diamond Springs for the 4th of July. Here are a few of my favorites:

I took this picture in the car on the way to the raft site. We drove through a huge alpine valley that was bordered by some of the Rocky Mountain 14ers (14,000+ ft mountain peaks). This was the first time I'd been in this area and it was absolutely spectacular. And the best part is, Steve and I got to put another pin in our travel map!

Rocky Mountain 14ers

This is looking down on the Arkansas river right before the trip. It was a little bit stormy but nothing too bad. The thunder sounds great booming through the canyon.

Overlooking the Arkansas River

Isn't this a great picture of Christine? I'd love to have some pictures from the actual rapids but for some reason they want you to paddle at those key moments.

CW, River Woman

Now we jump to the next trip on the South Fork of the American River. Here is Brian and me during the lunch break. This is after I got tossed out of the raft on a particularly nasty rapid called "The Meat Grinder". Luckily I bobbed right back to the surface in my child-size life jacket and was hauled back into the raft. And most importantly, I didn't loose my paddle! I'm very proud of that fact.

Ferg and Brian on the South Fork of the American River

At the end of the trip we shouldered the raft back to the bus and headed back to the homestead for some more croquet and leftover sausages.

Hoisting the raft back to the bus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home