Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Flying High

(steve)

The epidural was inserted and Karen was catnapping within 10 minutes. Can I have an epidural too? The day is sliding by but she's making great progress and everything is going smoothly.

Of course, now the prospect of caring for a new life is much closer than it seemed yesterday. I can't say I know what to expect, but I am strangely unconcerned about what lies ahead. I don't have any real experience to draw from, but how hard can it really be when you want so earnestly to succeed and enjoy the ride?

The day is shaping up wonderfully and we might get a peak at Baby Ferg within the next few hours.

Status: 8 cm dilated, +1 position, contractions ~ 3 minutes apart

2 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger The Icklers said...

Steve - if you need some stadium cheers to keep Ferg's spirits up, try some of these classics:

"Here we go Fer-erg, here we go! "

or use this dandy when little Ferg arrives..

"Whoomp! There she is. Whoomp! There she is."

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! Bri sent me pics and a congrats is in order! We are going to see Toy Story on Friday and will avoid your theater! You will never sleep again! No jk! So what did I tell ya! Bliss, baby, bliss!!! My only advice is stuff your bra with green cabbage leaves if the engorgement is too much, and use warm damp black tea bags on sore nipples(the tannic acid strengthens and soothes the skin). Sorry tmi. Again Congrats! She is beautiful! You are truly blessed!
Love, Ickler-Hays

 

Post a Comment

<< Home