Monday, July 26, 2010

Date Night

God I missed wine while I was pregnant. Sometime all I wanted in the world was to snuggle up on the couch with a nice shiraz, some raw-egg pasta carbonara and an episode (or three) of Mad Men. Sushi I was doing ok without; I do love a nice melt-in-your-mouth piece of salmon sashimi but I wasn't actively craving it. Well, that is, until we went to sushi with some friends and I had to content myself with a bowl of noodles as an endless stream of dragon rolls and spicy yellowtail disappeared down their greedy gullets. Yes, I was jonesing for the fish that night, let me tell you. And the wine.

Cut to last weekend when my darling husband treated me to a date night and all my long-suffering culinary dreams came true! I got my glass of wine and I got my salmon sashimi and I was one happy camper. Sure, the waitstaff took one look at Holly and seated us by ourselves in the back of the restaurant but she was an angel and never made a peep. She was actually a pretty good sport; I think we have a future connoisseur on our hands:

Nom Nom!

We even jaunted over to Cold Stone to share a cup of chocolate-peanut butter ice cream for dessert. That man 'o mine sure knows how to treat a recently un-pregnantized lady. Prost!

IMG_3162


Holly 'n Roscoe

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Kara said...

Love it! I am waging an internal battle in regards to sushi. I love it . . . a lot, but I have been watching way too many episodes of Monsters Inside Me on Animal Planet lately. I will spare you the details on fish-flesh-dwelling parasites.

Ps and oh yeah, your baby is muy cute! She melted my heart the other night while we snuggled :)I love her so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home